C# Game Code

Ronens1400

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Hello!
me and my friend are learning to make a basic game in c# ,so before I ask what I want to ask I'll tell what's the situation,we have like a little map which we get in the code from a notepad file and we have our character moving around and all and we would want know how can we get the char that we are on fro example this is the map :
################
################
################
and our character that we play with is * so what we want is that when our character lands on one of these #(# is just for example it could be any sign) it will remember what char we landed on ,the code if you can,I hope this is clear and if somebody knows how it will be great,Thanks

Ronens1400

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

But thats the thing we don't know even what to write

Exactly. And someone telling you how will not do you any favors either.

And if the project happens to be a homework assignment we really cannot do that for you.

Try something. Anything you can think of. Start simple. Do not be afraid of having your code fail.

Actually some of your failures may help you learn even more....

Reason out a few steps (do they teach flowcharting anymore?), work out the logic, the order, the conditionals, and then code step by step. Revise backwards as warranted. Try!

@Ronens1400,
Start thinking (in C# terms) about following subjects:
1. How I am going (what object) to represent the map? (Hint: Two-dimensional character array is a good start)
2. How I am going to read that map into my map' object? (Hint: TextReader Class is your friend)
3. How I am going to process user' input? (Hint: Console Class is your friend
4. What logic should I use, and what object, to check and store visited locations?

Start along these lines.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
You can't just post and expect people to write code for you especially in such a vague context. For one thing they don't even have the slightest underlying concept of the structure of your current code. Go to Stackoverflow and if you have a very specific question, and post your code for them, they will answer.