Call of Duty: Black Ops Hits $1,000,000,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
That's actually insane. I can see this driving developers to opt for multi-platform games now. COD would not have sold as much if it was tied down to one platform.

G

They get 1 billion and they still use customers as beta testers... that's a very profitable business

twstd1

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Honestly I do not understand this..... this game sucks.... I think treyarch just took infinity wards ideas and made them.... worse. The controls are not very responsive and the game just looks like crap. I think the only reason this game did so well is because of the hype of MW2. I would not spend $60 on this piece of crap game....

mvalles19

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
If the game had not been hyped up so much it would have been much better. I own it and rather play Halo Reach. Not really a fan of that one either. All the hype really kills the game off when you find out its modern warfare 2 from a different perspective. Not worth the money of time IMO. They really need to reinvent the wheel here as most FPS based on real world events are falling short.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Over rated, small tiny maps to accommodate the kiddie consoles. I will stick with BF2 with multiplayer maps big enough to fly and airplane in and you can if you want.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Well, I have both Bloack ops and BC2 plus vietnam exp. I love both games. If I want to play a fast pace game. I will play black ops which I love. And if I want a slow pace with vehicles and such. Well I play BC 2. Thats they way I look at them. One fast and the other a slow pace :)

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Well, I have both Bloack ops and BC2 plus vietnam exp. I love both games. If I want to play a fast pace game. I will play black ops which I love. And if I want a slow pace with vehicles and such. Well I play BC 2. Thats they way I look at them. One fast and the other a slow pace :)

JerseyFirefighter

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
The only problem with it's great success is that they fubar'd launching the game. It took at least a month for them to patch in BASIC server browser features. The PC version saw F'ups like the mp.config file not utilizing multicores and other settings causing graphical leaks. What kills me is that these retards at treyarch were so proud of themselves saying they were not up against a deadline so they had time to tweak and fine tune before release... Well that sir is Bull$hit.

And of course finally, why even wait for people to get bored with the game before you try to release DLC for $15 a pop, and since most servers will patch to the DLC most people will be either forced to pony up, or thumb through the browser looking for non dlc servers.. bleh screw video games.. im gonna go play outside ; )

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Only reason people like these games is because the multiplayer works.. there are very few games where the multiplayer is actually workable. If half these kids knew how to work a keyboard and mouse they would buy counterstrike 1.6 atleast... I've nearly given up on FPS games in these past few years. only Team fortress 2 has come close to satisfying me completely.

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Black ops is OK because I skipped modern warfare 2. Its fast paced and easy. Battlefield bad company 2 way better game IMO. I'm in the need for battle field 3 with all the goodies from BC 2 and battlefield 2 ill be set to skip the next 2 COD

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
meh I dont buy into the hype...Ill ait and see if people are still talking about it in a few months..if so..then maybe Ill see if the PC version is better then mw2
If not then I dont want to support them. I dont want to hold a grudge just because of mw2 ...so Ill just wait and see if its all just a bunch of hype...because articles like this just makes people jump t buy it...maybe it sold so well just because of pure hype..and isnt as good as they say it is.Some critics I think are persuaded into liking the game more...How they persuade and critic..hmmmm idk.

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Hmm, wonder how the sales break down between console and PC.
I am afraid this is why no one makes really good PC exclusive games anymore except blizzard once in a blue moon. And they subsidize them with the WOW cash cow.
Why make a PC game with a deep storyline and long campaign, such as an RPG when you can make a derivative console shooter, port it to the PC, make a bucket load of cash from consoles, and sell it to the PC too. Kind of sad really. Doesnt bode well for PC gaming.

proletarian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
i got bored at Hong Kong and gave up.

i don't do the online thing on games i've pirated.

yes i pirated this.

glad i did too.

weren't worth paying for.

*del

Status
Not open for further replies.