Camcorder with date/time stamp

planesguy2004

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Hello! I'm in the market for a new camcorder, and I'm looking for one that has an option for a date/time stamp burned into the video. Something similar to cameras with picture timestamps. Old camcorders used to have it.

Unfortunately I don't think that I'm going to find anything within my budget. I was hoping to find somethung under $300.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Solution
Narrow down your selection to a few cameras, then call up B&H Photo. Explain to them that you need a camera for legal documentation, and the law requires the date and timestamp be hardcoded into the video. Could they please have one of their sales staff on the floor try out the cameras on your list and confirm which ones have that capability.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Then of course buy the camera from B&H (they're very reputable and have good prices). If it turns out their sales staff were wrong, then you have the perfect excuse to demand a free return.
Narrow down your selection to a few cameras, then call up B&H Photo. Explain to them that you need a camera for legal documentation, and the law requires the date and timestamp be hardcoded into the video. Could they please have one of their sales staff on the floor try out the cameras on your list and confirm which ones have that capability.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Then of course buy the camera from B&H (they're very reputable and have good prices). If it turns out their sales staff were wrong, then you have the perfect excuse to demand a free return.

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious

^^^^^^^
What he said.

Oct 29, 2018

Can the microphone audio be muted on the Quad-Proof line?

Some of the Canon series has a feature called "decorations" that allows you to overlay a time date, but it is a pain.

Oct 5, 2018
No I do not think the microphone can be disabled however in the "Record Setting" I believe it can be adjusted to -1. I never tried this because all of our video edits out the sound in post production software.