Camera recommendation. Cheap!

USAFRet

Illustrious
And now for something completely different:

Looking for recommendations for CHEAP digital cameras. Like $25 max cheap.
This is for an upcoming event (a wedding), and I want to buy a dozen or so to sprinkle among the crowd, and collect after.
I don't want to rely on whatever people do with their phones. These little cameras would also add to the flavor of the event.

I bought one of these to test:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HF2HR6Q
h7oGGKF.png

(This is Vivitar in name only)

For $15, I was expecting mediocre. Not abysmally bad, as this one is.

So...any other ideas or where else can I look?

Solution
Disposables are the way to go. Everyone knows it's a camera for them to get crazy pics with. Start putting out cameras like that Vivitar and many won't touch them, afraid of breaking something expensive.

That and many older folks just prefer point and shoot, start adding other settings and things get frustrating.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
from what i have seen of these cheap digital cameras is what you already saw. TERRIBLE quality.

in the past i've done this but using the simple disposable 35mm cameras. less than $10 a piece easy and then pretty cheap to get on a cd for future use. think buying in bulk we spent about $7 each for the cameras and then perhaps $10 each to get them turned into a cd we could then use for whatever.

so overall less than $20 for each camera of 25+ prints. i forget how many prints it was. and the quality was a ton better than a cheap digital camera. as good as the drunk folks taking the photos anyway :)

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i've used them a number of times and been at other functions with them and they normally take good photos. again with the disclaimer that it is your drunken friends and family taking the photos

but they will get photos no one trying to stage anything could ever get. :D

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Disposables are the way to go. Everyone knows it's a camera for them to get crazy pics with. Start putting out cameras like that Vivitar and many won't touch them, afraid of breaking something expensive.

That and many older folks just prefer point and shoot, start adding other settings and things get frustrating.

Solution