Can a Gigabyte p34g support two SSDs

PhatSlim

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
So mine came with the highest specs but only a 256gb liteon msata ssd i was wondering if i could put a 2.5 samsung 840 evo 250gb in the hdd slot. I know all the connectors work but i was wondering if its supported. (the gigabyte website says it supprorts up to 256gb msata and a 2.5 1tb hdd) but seeing as the connectors are the same why wouldnt a ssd work instead of a hdd

Solution
Perfectly fine.

What they say it supports is generally an indication of what they ship it with, not what you could actually put in it.

Why would you want two SSDs, though? Best option is usually to have a large HDD for data, and a smaller (and thus cheaper) SSD for OS and programs.
Perfectly fine.

What they say it supports is generally an indication of what they ship it with, not what you could actually put in it.

Why would you want two SSDs, though? Best option is usually to have a large HDD for data, and a smaller (and thus cheaper) SSD for OS and programs.

Solution

veladem

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012

Source is just from me working on devices for the last little while, the main issue is getting them going, worst issue I've had is getting a laptop to see the dang thing.

The worst thing I've noticed is older models not getting any driver updates to optimize SSD's in the said laptop.

In this laptop I would assume it should work fine.

veladem

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012

+1 The Crucial M500 series, it's my preferred brand/model as much flak as that gets me from the guys at the local PC outlet xD

PhatSlim

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Yeh thanks guys i was only getting it because my laptop is for school and i don't need much space but i need the battery life, and i have a 1tb version in my desktop for games so im just familiar with them.

Plus in Australia (where i am) the evo is the same price and the crucial