Can cheap 5.1 pc speaker produce surround sound if I connect it with my mobile or external sound card

Arunanshu

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
I bought a new TV recently and just want a good 5.1 speaker. I want to use it for movies,games and music
I know lots of you already told me to buy a good 5.1 sound system which cost almost 30000 to 40000 INR(Yamaha,onkyo). But my thought on it why I need to spend so much money on it? Means if I can buy a budget range 5.1 speaker within 10000 INR I can store the rest of the money for future graphics card upgradation.
My question is if I buy a cheap 5.1 speaker like
1.logitech z506
2.Philips spa5050b
Can I get surround sound effect if I connect it with my motherboard.
Frankly I am even ready to buy a sound card within 5000 INR but not really eager to spend 40000 INR on speaker system. I am a very average speaker not an audiophile. So if it produce clear sound with surround effect it will serve my purpose.
I WANT ONLY A 5.1 SYSTEM SO PELASE DONT GIVE ME AN ANSWER THAT YOU SHOULD GET A 2.1 SYSTEM.
SO TELL ME CAN CHEAP SPEAKER CAPABLE TO PRODUCE SURROUND SOUND EFFECT IF I CONNECT WITH MY MOBO OR AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD????

Solution
Pc 5.1 speakers will be fine. Logitechs are decent from experience, not sure about the Phillips.

PC speakers are predominately analog, which means green (fronts) yellow (sub, center) and black (sides) if your motherboard has those should be fine. Motherboard audio jack colours follow a standard so most motherboards should be the same if supports surround. For 5.1 speakers, you need to have those audio jacks from motherboard or sound card/external sound card to accommodate the separate channels the speakers will use.

Not sure of your mobile connecting to computer via usb/bluetooth will give you surround sound though.

boju

Distinguished
Pc 5.1 speakers will be fine. Logitechs are decent from experience, not sure about the Phillips.

PC speakers are predominately analog, which means green (fronts) yellow (sub, center) and black (sides) if your motherboard has those should be fine. Motherboard audio jack colours follow a standard so most motherboards should be the same if supports surround. For 5.1 speakers, you need to have those audio jacks from motherboard or sound card/external sound card to accommodate the separate channels the speakers will use.

Not sure of your mobile connecting to computer via usb/bluetooth will give you surround sound though.

Solution

Arunanshu

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
Yah my motherboard has 3 port for sound at the back and I use mostly my pc for my media. So I will be fine. Thanku.

Now I have to choose between logitech,philips, creative.

Read buyer reviews on a few vendor sites before making your choice - - you'll learn what's good and bad about the product if you do that. Amazon is a good reference for buyer reviews, even if you buy from elsewhere.