Can hear myself when using mic

_Vault_Dweller_

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
When i steam chat with my friends i can hear my own voice a few seconds after I talk. I am running windows 10 fyi. I would like a fix because this is about the most aggravating thing in the world.

Solution
I would assume this is not Stema's fault and actually on yuor side, you can try: Right click on the headphones icon in the tray bar, select recording devices and click listen in the top bar, then un-select "Listen to this device" and click apply and OK, this should be fixed, if it still carrys on, try to move away your mic away from your speakers, if you have headphones with an mic that sticks out, try to lower your volume down. If all these fail then it's something on Steam's side.

DavidVioMC

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
I would assume this is not Stema's fault and actually on yuor side, you can try: Right click on the headphones icon in the tray bar, select recording devices and click listen in the top bar, then un-select "Listen to this device" and click apply and OK, this should be fixed, if it still carrys on, try to move away your mic away from your speakers, if you have headphones with an mic that sticks out, try to lower your volume down. If all these fail then it's something on Steam's side.

Solution
If the echo is coming a few seconds after you talk, then the problem is probably with one of your friends' systems. Their speakers are loud enough that their mic is picking up the steam chat, and rebroadcasting it to everyone. They need to turn down their volume, use headphones, or adjust their mic sensitivity.