Solved! Can HP Pavilion 14-D002TX upgrade its CPU?

FarrelTRS

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
hello there, can you help me?

i got a notebook pc (HP pavilion 14-d002tx)
got an intel i3-3110M (around 2.40 GHz)
Ram: 6gb
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 820M (1gb or 2gb? i dont know...)

i want to upgrade the CPU, but i dont know if is it compatible to be upgraded or not...
if it can, what should i buy?
because i dont really know much the spec of it...

this laptop, can play some AA games which is good, but the processor, i think it's bottle necked...

help meh pliss!

Solution
I don't know of any 'system information' software that will tell you which version of the processor your laptop has (pga or bga). The only reliable way to tell would be to disassemble the laptop and look to see if the processor is mounted in a socket (it could be replaced) or if it is soldered directly to the motherboard (it could NOT be replaced). Typically HP laptops are quite easy to tear down but ... I've no experience with this particular model.

robert600

Distinguished
it seems there are 2 versions of the 13-3110M - there is a PGA version - which would allow for a replacement and a BGA version which would not. You would have to figure out which version you have.

Assuming you have the PGA version - the i5-3380M would appear to be reasonable choice (2.9 Ghz turbo to 3.6) but who knows if the mb supports it? - my guess would be yes. Look's like they are about $40 on ebay.

FarrelTRS

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017

well, i used to play with "LowSpecGamer" way...
so the graphics, i didnt care too much at all...
at least, can i upgrade the cpu or not.... that's my question...

robert600

Distinguished
I don't know of any 'system information' software that will tell you which version of the processor your laptop has (pga or bga). The only reliable way to tell would be to disassemble the laptop and look to see if the processor is mounted in a socket (it could be replaced) or if it is soldered directly to the motherboard (it could NOT be replaced). Typically HP laptops are quite easy to tear down but ... I've no experience with this particular model.

Solution