can i build pentium 4 a gaming pc

M_2___

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
I have Pentium 4 pc so can I build it a gaming pc and which graphic card will be the best with cheaper price that can be able to play gta 5

unreal9400

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I don't recommend doing so.
Tried gaming on a pentium 4 with 9400GT games stutter and frames drop.
Tried gaming on a pentium dual core and it was smooth with everything on low settings.(Better than Pentium 4)
I recommend getting a used Core 2 duo or Core 2 quad if you can and avoid Pentium 4 at all cost.
Pentium 4 is not only slow by today standards but it also takes a lot of power to operate and produce a great amount of heat.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
An Intel Atom is vastly superior to a Pentium 4 in terms of performance as well.
Pentium 4's were low performers when they were released compared to the vastly superior Athlon 64.
The game will not be playable on a Pentium 4 no matter how good of a graphics card you install.

The minimum recommended processor for GTA 5 are quad cores:
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz

SKIPPY PB

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
Motherboard swap but if its a mainstream computer like dell or HP alot of those motherboards aren't standard form factors like ATX, etc. My Pentium D doesn't fair well with payday 2 even.

Laptop forum here, so probably not a desktop board - although said manufacturers still abide by standardized form factors. They tend to favor the small ones is all (micro ATX, or sometimes mini ITX).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 1
Mordko Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Aksheev Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1