can i build pentium 4 a gaming pc

M_2___

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
I have Pentium 4 pc so can I build it a gaming pc and which graphic card will be the best with cheaper price that can be able to play gta 5

Solution
M_2 - would you like this thread moved to another sub-Forum? You've had good advice already but you may find some upgrade suggestions in a different section.

unreal9400

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I don't recommend doing so.
Tried gaming on a pentium 4 with 9400GT games stutter and frames drop.
Tried gaming on a pentium dual core and it was smooth with everything on low settings.(Better than Pentium 4)
I recommend getting a used Core 2 duo or Core 2 quad if you can and avoid Pentium 4 at all cost.
Pentium 4 is not only slow by today standards but it also takes a lot of power to operate and produce a great amount of heat.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
An Intel Atom is vastly superior to a Pentium 4 in terms of performance as well.
Pentium 4's were low performers when they were released compared to the vastly superior Athlon 64.
The game will not be playable on a Pentium 4 no matter how good of a graphics card you install.

The minimum recommended processor for GTA 5 are quad cores:
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz

SKIPPY PB

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
Motherboard swap but if its a mainstream computer like dell or HP alot of those motherboards aren't standard form factors like ATX, etc. My Pentium D doesn't fair well with payday 2 even.

Laptop forum here, so probably not a desktop board - although said manufacturers still abide by standardized form factors. They tend to favor the small ones is all (micro ATX, or sometimes mini ITX).