can i change my laptop power button led

greatxgaming

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
ok so i noticed the main color of my power button color led is green... but when it is hibernating, it turns red, is it possible to flip the colors so the led is red (which is much cooler) and when hibernating it turns green, instructions please, thank you

Solution
If you are really good at soldering SMD style LED's, not a problem. They are small than a grain of rice and you have to be able to solder it.

Either there are two LED's there, a red and green LED and you would have to desolder each and not lift a trace or ruin and a pad, and then resolder them back down.

Or there is a single LED there, which is more common as Green/Red LED's are common. They have the added bonus of when the green and red LED's are turned on at the same time, you get an orange, so you can get a 3rd color. That would probably require cutting traces and rewiring in LED.

Short answer, unless you possess micro-soldering skills, no. It's not a software thing, unless you can hack, edit and digitally sign the BIOS, but...
If you are really good at soldering SMD style LED's, not a problem. They are small than a grain of rice and you have to be able to solder it.

Either there are two LED's there, a red and green LED and you would have to desolder each and not lift a trace or ruin and a pad, and then resolder them back down.

Or there is a single LED there, which is more common as Green/Red LED's are common. They have the added bonus of when the green and red LED's are turned on at the same time, you get an orange, so you can get a 3rd color. That would probably require cutting traces and rewiring in LED.

Short answer, unless you possess micro-soldering skills, no. It's not a software thing, unless you can hack, edit and digitally sign the BIOS, but even than depending how it's wired, that may not even work.

Solution