Can I connect a wireless mic to 2 outputs

Gogs__

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
I currently have a setup at work where the MD does a presentation via a wireless mic which connects to an amp via the wireless receiver. This is broadcast to the assembled audience via the room's speakers. This is also recorded on a video camera for distribution to other offices, however the sound quality is quite poor. I was wondering if it is possible to send the output from the mic to the amp and the camera. I've just started working with this company as an electrician, however I've very limited knowledge of what's available for wireless tx/rx in the audio visual field.

Gogs__

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
I'll ask about the camera model tomorrow. I believe it will have an XLR input. The mic receiver does go through a mixer first. Thanks for your reply, any info I can get is appreciated.

Hi, ok great. It should be quite straight forward to send an output from the mixer straight into the camera via one of the XLR inputs. Then you can simply monitor the sound level using a pair of headphones connected to the camera also. Once the level is set, you could probably leave it set.
Ok, yeah let me have the model of the camera, and maybe the mixer too?
Kind regards,
Kenton.

Gogs__

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
Hi Kenton. I have been mislead regarding the equipment that is in place, which means I have given you duff information. Apologies. This is what is in place:
AT-1NE UHF wireless mic system; Shore PerformanceGear Wireless PGX4; Sony Super Legate Linear Amp; Cannon EOS 80D.
So, no mixer and no XLR input on camera. The wireless receiver is connected to the amp via a 1/4 jack to RCA lead. The mixer has a second mic out which is XLR. Having spoken to the powers that be, they have said, "Ok, what camera do we need?". I am now the new boy who is being asked where they should spend several hundred pounds when I don't know if it will achieve the results they are looking for. Gulp!! Sorry for being a pest, but if they need to spend money to achieve what they want, have you any suggestions. Thanks again for your time.

Thats ok, no need to apologise. Well, if you have a spare XLR output from the mixer, any semi-pro camcorder will do what you require with the sound input, as long as it has the XLR input. There are many available with this option. Would they like to buy new, or used?
If they have a healthy budget, then any of the Sony PMW range would be a very good option, or may be something like Canon with their XF range?

If the camera is purely relaying a picture and sound (not recording) then you could get a slightly older style mini DV camera, which will still output an HD picture, but being a mini tape camera, it would be a lot cheaper, as all the new cameras use a memory card system.

K.