How can I connect a TC Electronics Finalizer Express to my Yamaha mixer?

Belvadere

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
I've got a Yamaha mixer, MG124C. I'm trying to figure out the connection of a TC Electronic Finalizer Express to handle all the output of the mixer before I send the signal to my recording device, which is an outboard digital recorder (not a computer). Connection to my digital audio recorder is done via the STEREO RCA outputs of the mixer, so I'm not using USB or FIREWIRE.

I'm stumped.

Thanks!

Solution
You need to connect the main outputs of the MG124C to the inputs of the Finalizer using standard unbalanced quarter-inch jack leads, and the outputs of the Finalizer to inputs of your recorder using quarter-inch jack-to-phono (RCA) leads. Seeing as the inputs to the recorder are on unbalanced RCA sockets, there is no point in going balanced, you may as well go for unbalanced operation throughout, if the leads are short and not over about 3 meters it shouldn't matter. Seeing as the Finalizer is a mastering tool/compressor etc it needs to be inserted directly across the whole signal path as mentioned above, you do not want to have any part of the signal "unprocessed"

PP

purplepatch

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
You need to connect the main outputs of the MG124C to the inputs of the Finalizer using standard unbalanced quarter-inch jack leads, and the outputs of the Finalizer to inputs of your recorder using quarter-inch jack-to-phono (RCA) leads. Seeing as the inputs to the recorder are on unbalanced RCA sockets, there is no point in going balanced, you may as well go for unbalanced operation throughout, if the leads are short and not over about 3 meters it shouldn't matter. Seeing as the Finalizer is a mastering tool/compressor etc it needs to be inserted directly across the whole signal path as mentioned above, you do not want to have any part of the signal "unprocessed"

PP

Solution

ConstantinosC

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
PP,

I have a similar issue. I want to send my mixdown from the PC to the Finalizer Express and return it to the PC as the final mastering to record it in eg. Wavelab. Normally i'm gonna have a feedback. Is there a solution to this?
I also have a Mackie mixer that is possible to use to make this happen.
What do you think on my problem?

TUMELOR

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012