can I convert wmv file to a standerd cd file

Solution
I think there is some confusion here, but to answer the question:
CDs are written in PCM stereo audio at 44100 Hz sample rate, 16-bit sample format.
soo you can export in 44100 Hz 16-bit stereo WAV or AIFF file.

But when you burn a digital file to a CD, you must tell it that it is for playing in CD players, not a data CD. A CD can hold around 75min of music, or 700MB of data. If you saved the music as MP3 you can fit nearly 10 hours of music on the same exact CD.

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
I think there is some confusion here, but to answer the question:
CDs are written in PCM stereo audio at 44100 Hz sample rate, 16-bit sample format.
soo you can export in 44100 Hz 16-bit stereo WAV or AIFF file.

But when you burn a digital file to a CD, you must tell it that it is for playing in CD players, not a data CD. A CD can hold around 75min of music, or 700MB of data. If you saved the music as MP3 you can fit nearly 10 hours of music on the same exact CD.

Solution
If you're using burning software (eg Nero Burning ROM) with disc-type options, choose "Audio CD", then proceed with the burn.
The software will take care of converting the existing music tracks on the fly so they'll play on a CD player.

Be aware that some older domestic and in-car CD players may not be able to read non-commercial discs or at least not all formats (eg may be able to read CD-R but not CD-RW).

Don't burn MP3 data discs unless they are for an MP3-compatible CD player.

Windows Movie Maker, WMV - these are video files, so there is no standard "CD Video" format.

If you want to convert WMA or MP3 (audio) files to standard CD format, there are many apps which can do that, and Windows Media Player is one of them.