Can i fix my laptops GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2018
Laptop=Lenovo y50-70
GPU=860M
Problem=Crashes into blue screen of death after opening a program that uses the GPU.
Ive tried every driver, and ive tried resetting my windows for the 20th time. And it doesnt work :/

If you guys can help then awesome! more time to save up for a pc but for now im kinda stuck with this laptop, and using its intel HD 4600

Side note: Its been in heavy use for 3 years.
By heavy use i mean playing GPU Hungry games like 24/7

And also people recommended me about reballing but i dont have a service in my country that provides that.

If you need any more info ill be happy to respond when im online! Thx For Listening!

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

After trying the lenovo diagnostics as suggested have you ever cleaned it from dust?

Mar 3, 2018

well kinda, i opened the back cover and "cleaned" it with a vacuum cleaner

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

NEVER use a vacuum cleaner. It creates a lot of static electricity which can easily damaged electrical components.
Also a generic vacumm us never enough to clean dustmats. You need a strong burst of air like a compressor at 2-3 bar or a can of compressed air.

Mar 3, 2018

Good to know

Mar 3, 2018

Sorry for not replying so fast, i had allot of exams.
So i ran the lenovo bootable diagnostics, and i ran a quick and a extended diagnostic,it finished with no errors.

So is this a software issue? And if so what should i do to fix it!

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Have you tried a different version of windows? Also did you clean it out with air?

Mar 3, 2018

i have tried win 7 yes, and no i havent cleaned it with air

Mar 24, 2020
I also stuck with the same problem. I turned off my GPU from bios. but there is no fix for it yet.
I have done a lot of fixes and look for recommendations on the internet but nothing. I have concluded that hardware is busted. because somehow(I am not sure) GPU trying to get power and when it doesn't receive it properly, it runs into BSOD. after turning it off, some errors about power and several few errors are gone now from the event viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.