Can I hook up a ps3 to my hp laptop using hdmi cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg1993

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
I'm having trouble taking my ps3 with me on trips because the tv isn't compatible in a hotel. Can I hook up my ps3 to my laptop through my hdmi slot? I did already and couldn't find where to access the ps3 to play it on my laptop. If it matters its a hp dv9600 series. Please help me!!

frozenlead

Distinguished
You can't do that. Trying to might even damage the machine. You could do it if your HP has a TV tuner with component or s-video inputs, but those are on desktop cards.

How is the TV in the hotel not compatible? Almost every TV has component inputs.

greg1993

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
For some reason the tv wouldn't work with my ps3 because of the imput of the tv only having a cable input, I had to use a rf modulator and it has to be on either channel 3 or 4. When I got it to either of those channels the modulator wouldn't work. The light to it would come on for a split second and then go off. So I don't know. The laptop does have the tv tuner setting but only s-video.

o1oTECHNIQUEo1o

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
if you like games that much that you carry a ps3 around with you why dont you get yourself a PSP :love: , its smaller and about a 10000000 pounds lighter and if that dont add up to your standerds :non: .... well... stay home and never leave your room and become a ps3 ''hermit'' :pt1cable:

menduki

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Play Your PSP On Your PC Or Laptop! ( Full Speed! )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This requires a custom firmware to do. So if you an official Sony update you can not do this.

You'll notice the RAR has a few files in it. The first thing you'll want to do is take the Remotejoy folder and drag it to your desktop. Next take the contents of MS_ROOT and put them in your PSP's memory stick root.

Please note that if you do not have 3.52 M33 Custom Firmware you will need to go in your PSP folder then change the GAME352 folder to the custom firmware you are using.

EXAMPLE: You are using 340 OE, so change the GAME352 folder to GAME340.

Once done you will need to do the following in order to prepare your computer for your PSP hook up. Please note that McAfee may point out that the drivers contain unwanted code. Just ignore it as I promise nothing bad will happen to your computer. This is just false detection of CMDOW's window hiding capabilities, The maker of CMDOW has a statement on his website

Ok, now that you have put everything on your PSP that you need, do the following.

Getting Ready

1.) Plug up your PSP with your USB cable.

2.) Go into recovery mode and disable the following plugins:
remotejoy.prx
psplink.prx

3.) Go to your game and while your USB cable is still connected start "PSPLink v3.0 OE

4.) This will cause the USB on your PSP to activate and Windows should tell you that it has detected a new device (PSP Type B) and wants drivers for it.

5.) Choose Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) then click Next

6.) Select I will choose the driver to install then click Next

7.) Click Have Disk then click Browse and find the Remotejoy folder you put on your desktop. Go in the drivers folder within Remotejoy, highlight psp.inf, then click Open.

8.) Click OK and you should have a PSP Type B listed in the window. Click Next

9.) Click Finish. Congratulations! LibUSB for the PSP is installed.

10.) If you don't know where the device manager is, just skip this step.

You can check to see if it's installed and working correctly by going to your
Device Manager and select View -> Show Hidden Devices.

You should see a category appear named LibUSB-Win32 Devices and inside there
you should see PSP Type B. Right click on that, select Properties and in the
General tab make sure it says Manufacturer: Sony.

Completing The Installation

1.) Go into recovery mode and enable the following plugins:
remotejoy.prx
psplink.prx

2.) On your computer go into the Remotejoy folder and open this program, Start-USBHostFS_PC.bat

3.) Open Start-PSPSH.bat

4.) Open one of the following:
Start-RemoteJoy.bat- PSP sized screen without FPS (Frames Per Second)
Start-RemoteJoy-FPS.bat- PSP sized screen with FPS (Frames Per Second)
Start-RemoteJoy-FS- Full screen without FPS (Frames Per Second)
Start-RemoteJoy-FS-FPS- Full screen with FPS (Frames Per Second)

5.) You should now see your PSP's screen on your computer. If not click the mouse one time on the screen where the PSP output is suppose to be displayed then press "F3" on your keyboard.

dunknoe

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
YOU HAVE TO SOME HOW GET INTO YOUR PS3 GO ONTO MENU AND DISPLAY SETTINGS AND VIDEO OUTPUT SETTING AND CHOOSE WHICH 1 YOU NEED NEXT TIME DO IT JUST BEFORE YOU LEAVE TO GO TO A HOTEL.

zerobleu

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
My ps3 will reset the video settings if you hold down the power button for like 10 seconds when turning the ps3 on (you'll get an audible to let you know it reset)... This should allow you to select whichever output you need when plugging into a different tv.

skilletrocks7

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

Yes you can you can plug it in without a TV tuner... and the ps3 are avi cables not component cables....

lonewolf07

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PS3 HERMIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT MADE MY NIGHT TY <333 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Loveme

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Hey Greg its your ps3 If you used hdmi on the ps3 with a tv recently then you have to turn of ur ps3 and turn it back dont let go of the power button on your ps3 wait till you hear another beep
First beep is when you turn it one just hold it tilll the second beep

Status
Not open for further replies.