Can I Install Windows on an EMMC Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic_warrior99

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
Hi, i am getting a small netbook soon. It has a 32gb emmc card for storage. Usually, manafacturers load up heaps of bloatware so i was wanting to do a fresh install of windows, bu ti have heard that there is danger in doing this because of emmc drivers or something. Is this true? I dont want to be stuck with a useless netbook. CHeers :)

Solution
windows 8 and windows 10 have a feature that allows you to remove all software and start fresh without having to do a complete reinstall. I've never used it with bloatware but who knows it may get rid of it. Just hit Win+q and search Reset this PC. Select the option to remove everything.

Sylvvester

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
You can install windows on 32gb emmc, just remember that there will be little space left after installation. You can get back some of the space if you disable hibernation file, reduce page file size, repartition disk and remove recovery parition before installation (assuming that the netbook had windows preinstalled). I also have netbook with 32gb emmc, but I installed linux instead of windows.

PsyKhiqZero

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
windows 8 and windows 10 have a feature that allows you to remove all software and start fresh without having to do a complete reinstall. I've never used it with bloatware but who knows it may get rid of it. Just hit Win+q and search Reset this PC. Select the option to remove everything.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.