can i make my dvd drive into usb

TANKkiller47

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016
hi thanks for reading this... my laptop usb ports died out on me i got a new usb borad and nothing worked so it is possible that i can take out my dvd drive and replaced it with usb ports?

Solution
you cant. the dvd and hard drive run on sata chipset. on your usb issue make sure in the bios the usb ports are turned on and make sure download the chipset drivers from the laptop vendor make sure you dont have a damaged driver. with laptops most usb ports are part of the system board. may want to send email to repair shops for est of replacing the system board. if the unit is out of warranty if it in send it in for repair.
you cant. the dvd and hard drive run on sata chipset. on your usb issue make sure in the bios the usb ports are turned on and make sure download the chipset drivers from the laptop vendor make sure you dont have a damaged driver. with laptops most usb ports are part of the system board. may want to send email to repair shops for est of replacing the system board. if the unit is out of warranty if it in send it in for repair.

Solution

TANKkiller47

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016

ok well i have a offer for 200 dollors should i sell it and put in 500 and get a gaming laptop??

pcgaming98

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

At $700, you're not going to get a gaming laptop. You can get a mid-range gaming DESKTOP, but not a gaming laptop.