Can I order a Lenovo ThinkPad P50 with two 2.5" drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnseph

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
On the Lenovo website, I'm building a P50, and I no drive selected for "first hard disk drive," but I have a 256GB SATA3 OPAL 2.0 for "second hard disk/first solid state" option. Then there's an option for a "second solid state" which I can check, also a SATA3 OPAL 2.0

The SATA3 OPLA 2.0 is a 2.5" inch form factor, not a PCIe type. Does this mean that if I can get this computer with space for two 2.5" drives, or this is a glitch in their configurator? I've seen videos and pics of people opening up this computer and they all have one 2.5" slot and two PCIe slots.

Solution
I think I red somewhere that it is possible to add a second HDD by getting some special cable. Then you lose both of your m.2 slots due to 2.5" size of the second HDD. The best thing you can do is to ask Lenovo though.

Theokondak

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
I think I red somewhere that it is possible to add a second HDD by getting some special cable. Then you lose both of your m.2 slots due to 2.5" size of the second HDD. The best thing you can do is to ask Lenovo though.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.