Can I play Sims 4 on my new Asus Computer?? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-1tb-hard-dr

Solution
The following is a link to a Sims 4 benchmark results from Notebookcheck.net for a integrated graphics and low end dedicated graphics. Note that the laptops which are not using AMD graphics cores have a Core i5 CPU rather than a Core i3 CPU. That means the Core i3 will likely have slightly lower result because of their lower clockspeed.

http://tinyurl.com/jmrlvrx

Also, be aware that expansions can the system requirements for the Sims 4 to creep up as more and more expansions are released, thus lowering overall performance... assuming you install the expansions.
According to the game's developer, this spec will get you there as a minimum.

PC RECOMMENDED SPECS:

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4.
MEMORY: 4GB RAM.
HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.

I'm afraid that Asus with only an Intel i3 chip just won't cut it.

Matias_4

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016

Yes, Id be glad to help out. Now are you asking me to find out if the laptop I suggested has windows 10? or the one you're curious about if it could run Sims 4?

Matias_4

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016

I dont think it'll affect the game too much. 4GB of RAM is the bare minimum you want for gaming. Id personally go with a laptop that has 8gb just becuase multitasking with 4gb of RAM isnt so easy. The laptop I linked should be able to run Sims 4 better then the laptop you found.

Matias_4

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016

Also, the difference between Windows 8 and 10 will not hurt your performance on the game if that is what you think. Operating Systems are usually just about preference. I personally prefee windows 10 becuase to me its like a upgrade from Windows 7

That laptop will actually provide less performance than the Asus laptop the OP linked to in his post.

The Core i3-5020u has more processing performance than the A6-5200. Additionally, the integrated Intel HD 5500 graphics core in the Core i3 is more powerful than the Radeon R4 integrated graphics core in the A6.

The Radeon R4 is less powerful than the Intel HD 4200 graphics core which means it is less powerful than the Intel HD 5500.

The following is a link to a Sims 4 benchmark results from Notebookcheck.net for a integrated graphics and low end dedicated graphics. Note that the laptops which are not using AMD graphics cores have a Core i5 CPU rather than a Core i3 CPU. That means the Core i3 will likely have slightly lower result because of their lower clockspeed.

http://tinyurl.com/jmrlvrx

Also, be aware that expansions can the system requirements for the Sims 4 to creep up as more and more expansions are released, thus lowering overall performance... assuming you install the expansions.

Solution