can i run my asus x401a laptop without battery?

ladytech1995

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
Hi, I have an Asus X401a laptop that sometimes gets stuck at 82% charged. I am visually impaired so I cannot see the lights for if it is charging or not. I have listened to the charger's transformer and all sounds normal. Also, when I check in the notification tray it says plugged in, charging. I am very tetchy when it comes to laptops having problems and am sceptical to use my machine plugged in without battery.

Well some laptops will work without the battery in, and some won't. Personally I don't trust doing that for long, but others do, so that is up to you to decide. :)

I would suggest you consider installing software that can give you a better view of the info. There are quite a free and paid versions to choose from. One that has both a free and paid version is "BatteryBar" ... https://batterybarpro.com/

ladytech1995

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
I have tried using the software suggested but my screen reader will not read what comes up when I run it. do you know if there is any software that will/may work with it; and if not, would getting a new battery fix problem?