Can I still use my Bose 3 2 1 surround sound

Dec 12, 2018
We have a Bose 3 2 1 surround sound that sounds great, probably because we don’t hardly use it. I’m looking for a new 65” 4K tv for my husbands Christmas Gift. I went to Best Buy today and explained what I had and that I had read this thread on connecting the Bose to my new TV. The sales person said that may work but I would probably lose some of the sound by connecting this way. I realize that a new sound bar would be the best route however there is nothing wrong with the Bose. Any advice, opinions good or bad?

Thanks Shannon

Solution
Should be OK, from what I can see that system has a optical in, the TV should have an optical out. The DVD part of the setup may be the issue you would need to use the composite connections to the TV so make sure the TV you have has that, or be ready to purchase an adapter, or simply get a DVD/Bluray player with HDMI and only use the Bose for the speakers.
Should be OK, from what I can see that system has a optical in, the TV should have an optical out. The DVD part of the setup may be the issue you would need to use the composite connections to the TV so make sure the TV you have has that, or be ready to purchase an adapter, or simply get a DVD/Bluray player with HDMI and only use the Bose for the speakers.

Solution
Dec 12, 2018
I purchased the LG SK9000 which will be delivered on Saturday. I want to connect the Bose 3 2 1 series 2 surround system to the tv but the Bose doesnt have an HDMI connection. What can I use to connect the Bose and TV? We have an old dvd player that we’ve used maybe 3 times and our current tv is a 13 ur old Sharp Aquos which is still great and I think everything is routed thru that. I want to pick up the part prior to the installation of the TV on Saturday. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou!

robert600

Distinguished
For audio ... It looks to me like your tv has digital optical audio out and the bose has digital optical audio in so all you need is digital optical cable - often called Toslink.

I wouldn't use the dvd part of the bose - time to upgrade to a modern blu-ray player and hdmi connect it to your tv. The sound will come through your bose.

TRENDING THREADS