can i upgrade my samsung series 3 notebook? (np36535c-s02ub)

TrueGamingArmy

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
i recently upgraded my ram to 8gb and i was wondering if its possible to upgrade my cpu as well atm i have a a8-4500m/amd 7640g i would like to upgrade it to a a10 5750m/amd8650g would it be possible?

Solution

Where did you read that? If you already saw it can be done, why not follow that guide and do it?

That CPU actually has the FS1 socket, which should be removable, so it may be possible as long as the motherboard can run it. If you want to try it, update the BIOS first to the latest version and try it.

I still don't think it's worth it for the small boost in speed you'd get. I guess if you are not too worried about messing...

TrueGamingArmy

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

but ive read online that people were upgrading this same model laptop to that cpu

Where did you read that? If you already saw it can be done, why not follow that guide and do it?

That CPU actually has the FS1 socket, which should be removable, so it may be possible as long as the motherboard can run it. If you want to try it, update the BIOS first to the latest version and try it.

I still don't think it's worth it for the small boost in speed you'd get. I guess if you are not too worried about messing something up while replacing the CPU then it's fine to try. For me, I'd rather have a 10% slower laptop that a 100% slower broken one if I slip and rip a connection off or scratch the CPU socket or something.

Solution