Can I use a brand new Verizon 4G phone on Straight Talk service?

Jiirah

Estimable
Oct 7, 2015
I am moving to a location that has only Verizon network and no home internet options besides cell phone internet. I am used to unlimited data on my current Boost Mobile plan. Straight Talk is the only service that has a similar unlimited data plan, but all of the phone models are a severe downgrade from my current phone. Can I buy a new Verizon phone, never used (example: Moto X from motorola.com or something from BestBuy) and activate it on Straight Talk? I can't find any information that is current, only information from before Straight Talk allowed 4G LTE.

Also, I must kindly ask that any answers do not refer me to Straight Talk's website with the BYOP checker. I have already tried this, and the checker will only let me check a phone I already have in my possession. I would like know if I can use a phone on Straight Talk before I purchase it, please. Thank you.

Solution
Without checking with Straight Talk there is no way to know for sure. They are not very good with putting out exactly what phones will or won't work and even those that they say will work have issues activating at times. Best thing to do is just get a device from Straight Talk if you are buying a new one anyway or take a chance with a new one if you can't get any info from the carrier.
Without checking with Straight Talk there is no way to know for sure. They are not very good with putting out exactly what phones will or won't work and even those that they say will work have issues activating at times. Best thing to do is just get a device from Straight Talk if you are buying a new one anyway or take a chance with a new one if you can't get any info from the carrier.

Solution