Can I use a Inspiron 13 screen on a Inspiron 7720 to finish factory reset

martin12783

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
I have a Inspiron 7720 that has broken screen. I was using a vga until I decided to do a factory reset. Now can't see anything because no drivers. Can I temporarily connect a 13" touch screen to my 7720. Need to finish reset etc

Solution
It is not likely to work well, but maybe enough to give you enough of a screen to work on. Issue with laptops is that there is no real standards for their components, so cables, video card capability, etc.. are different from model to model.

Another option to try is to turn it on, then quickly close the lid, it may detect the external display as the main display and work. You'll need an external keyboard/mouse.
It is not likely to work well, but maybe enough to give you enough of a screen to work on. Issue with laptops is that there is no real standards for their components, so cables, video card capability, etc.. are different from model to model.

Another option to try is to turn it on, then quickly close the lid, it may detect the external display as the main display and work. You'll need an external keyboard/mouse.

Solution

martin12783

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018