Can I use my headset for PS4/PC at the same time?

MelvinVA

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
Hello, So I'm going to buy a PS4. The only problem is that some of my friends don't have a PS4 yet and I still want to talk to them. I use Discord/Teamspeak on my PC. Is it possible to play on my PS4, while wearing a headset and talk to my friends on the PC aswell? I'm using a monitor without speakers so that's why I wear a headset. I hope some of you can help me. :) edit: I want to hear both my PS4 sound and my PC sound through one headset.

Solution
Yes, if you have the teamspeak software on the computer and the headset connected to that then sure you can because it's independent from the PS4. Now if you want to intigrate both the PS4 and the PC's sound into one, then no that's not an option.
Yes, if you have the teamspeak software on the computer and the headset connected to that then sure you can because it's independent from the PS4. Now if you want to intigrate both the PS4 and the PC's sound into one, then no that's not an option.

Solution

MelvinVA

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015

Yeah I do this atm, but it isn't really comfortable with earbuds under my headset.

MelvinVA

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015

Yeah, I meant both the PS4 sound and PC sound into one headset.

MelvinVA

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015

Hi. Although your solution works, it's kinda expensive. So I did some research myself. You just need to plug in a 3.5mm male to male cable into your blue pc input. Put the other end of the cable into your PS4 controller. Set the input you created to line in on your PC and adjust the volume at your audio configuration. This way you can hear the PC sound and use your MIC and hear the PS4 sound.

Vuffen

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016

Is it a stereo cable or a speaker cable or what? And what is the blue input Thing that the cable Goes into, called?

jimmehwright77

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

I know of a way, I have the Astro a40 Tr edition for ps4, it comes with a mix amp and an optical audio cable. What i do is i plug the usb of the mixamp into the computer then i plug the optical audio cable into the ps4 which gives me pc and ps4 sound and allows me to use my mic on the pc.

Jul 18, 2018

This works but others in the chat can hear my PS4 audio. How do I fix that?