Question Can someone confirm whether fixing this Samsung TV is achievable/economically viable?

To find that out you need to see if anyone in your area does repairs such as these. Screen replacements are not easy to find outside of warranty replacements. Did you check if the TV is still in warranty?

I have not seen a TV yet that needed a screen replaced that anyone bothered fixing due to the hassle and cost. If you need to ship it, it's expensive to ship, it's expensive to get a screen and you need to pay someone to do the work if you can't do it. Find a used working set and just replace it, will likely be cheaper than fixing.

VVabbit

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
To find that out you need to see if anyone in your area does repairs such as these. Screen replacements are not easy to find outside of warranty replacements. Did you check if the TV is still in warranty?

I have not seen a TV yet that needed a screen replaced that anyone bothered fixing due to the hassle and cost. If you need to ship it, it's expensive to ship, it's expensive to get a screen and you need to pay someone to do the work if you can't do it. Find a used working set and just replace it, will likely be cheaper than fixing.

I bought the TV ( UE55NU8000T) from a friend, who got a replacement from Samsung under warranty. They said the panel was faulty and were going to replace it but ended up sending a new TV.

I wondered if I was able to fix it as I work in IT Support so these things do not faze me (I have many times repaired laptop motherboards, screens etc. although, I have very basic electronics knowledge).

From what you say, it sounds it needs a new panel rather than Tcon board/ribbon cable replacement. I have seen some on eBay for under £100 so potentially it's repairable if I swap, although, it doesn't look easy.

Last edited: