Can the ASUS ROG G751JY compete with the WS60 2OJ as a workstation?

ClearedFram3

Estimable
Mar 13, 2014
I need a laptop to work on AutoCAD, 3D rendering, game development. Can the ASUS ROG G751JY do that? or would it be better to go for WS60 2OJ from MSI, that is a "workstation".

I'm not sure how I feel about the GPU in the MSI option, it only has 2 gigs while the Asus has 4.
Would something like the Aorus x7 Pro be more worth while? I plan on using it for a while, so the main question I guess is - the Asus has "everything" I need, but does the MSI "workstation" just work better?

Thanks Ahead of Time!

Solution
hello there the ws60 from msi has been specifically designed for autocad and 3d rendering and such it has graphics for those purposes not for playing games, now the rog g751jy is a gaming power house it can support up to 32gb of ram and has great graphics now i personally have never used a laptop with graphics for rendering and such and i havent used any rendering software or autocad but if you asked anyone that has used autocad they would probably recommend the msi workstation if nobody else has any recommendations you can always try the guys over at the autocad forums for advice hope this helps

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/bd-p/706

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there the ws60 from msi has been specifically designed for autocad and 3d rendering and such it has graphics for those purposes not for playing games, now the rog g751jy is a gaming power house it can support up to 32gb of ram and has great graphics now i personally have never used a laptop with graphics for rendering and such and i havent used any rendering software or autocad but if you asked anyone that has used autocad they would probably recommend the msi workstation if nobody else has any recommendations you can always try the guys over at the autocad forums for advice hope this helps

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/bd-p/706

Solution