Can you recommend a laptop for a sr. citizen/college student with a smaller budget who doesn't play games much just want somet

Solution
A few questions...

1. What is the maximum you are willing to spend?

2. How is your vision? The reason I ask is I generally recommend people going for a screen with 1920x1080 resolution because that allows you to see a lot on the screen at one time, but that means everything will look small compared to a screen with a lower resolution. Higher resolution makes it easier if you need to do research since you can have multiple windows opened. Of course you can always lower the resolution.

3. Do you plan on using the laptop outside of your home or will it simply be used at home? And do you have a size preference? Larger laptops will have larger screens which makes things look bigger on the screen compared to a smaller laptop that has the...
A few questions...

1. What is the maximum you are willing to spend?

2. How is your vision? The reason I ask is I generally recommend people going for a screen with 1920x1080 resolution because that allows you to see a lot on the screen at one time, but that means everything will look small compared to a screen with a lower resolution. Higher resolution makes it easier if you need to do research since you can have multiple windows opened. Of course you can always lower the resolution.

3. Do you plan on using the laptop outside of your home or will it simply be used at home? And do you have a size preference? Larger laptops will have larger screens which makes things look bigger on the screen compared to a smaller laptop that has the same resolution. However, this also makes them heavier, but not a big deal if it is only going to be sitting on a desk in your home.

Solution