Canadian Crosses U.S. Border by Showing Passport on his iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoda

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
The security was probably just happy because the guy had Angry Birds on it and he was able to play on it for a while. Feeling happy, he gave the guy the benefit of the doubt :D

panders4

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
They probably just looked up the passport information on their system. That's what they do when they catch them traveling without their papers anyway. I don't think it's a big deal.

G

2006. I crossed the border betwen montanna and alberta and for some reason although I required a passport getting in, on the way back to Canada I just drove through. No passport or anything. I don't remember why.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Well, soon enough you'll not be needing anything to cross over..... the Biometric scanning is nearly complete. All they will need to do is just stamp your butt for Entry & Exits dates.....

AznCracker

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Today, I used up all my toilet paper and had to fold the last piece into a forth in order to wipe. Luckily I did not have diarrhea.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]So much for security![/citation]

like a digital copy of the passport is much harder to fake than a digital copy...
that being said there should already be a digital standards for passports.

G

this story is total scam started by a reporter yesterday which has spread around the world now. Reish didn't contact the media, didn't think nor claim he believed it was the iPad which got him through, some journalist invented that part, and now on its second day, youtube has videos showing him getting through the border by waving an iPad, Globe and Mail is running headlines saying 'Man gets through border with wave on an iPad', and Martin Reich is getting crucfied as a media hound.

In 500 stories on google I can't find a single reference to Reisht contacting the media nor a single quote where he says he thinks it is the iPad which got him through (it was his drivers license). The whole iPad angle is contrived, and not necessarily by Riesh. This site now says 'the border officer scanned the iPad' which he didn't and was never reported...The thing just keeps getting more twisted LOL.

This is the single biggest scam in reporting I've seen in a while, and I hope some people start asking questions. The story is, a guy forgot his passport but had his drivers license, which the border officer accepted. That's it. I really hope they crucify the original reporter or at least clear up who the heck started the story. For all we know a reported picked it up off of a casual blog or something, and why would Reish - who DID NOT THINK THE IPAD was what GOT HIM THROUGH, call the media about what he thought was a non-story.

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
I'm a little surprised that he got into the US.

However, it's a complete non-story that he got back into Canada.

I've personally gotten into Canada in the past with just a photocopy of my birth certificate, and didn't get back home without a lengthy chastisement from the US border guard for not having better ID.

Hell, the only time I know of that someone got stopped going into Canada is when the Canadian border guard stopped my cousin in order to ask if she could give him bagpipe lessons. And this is after four years of college a 30 minute drive from the border, and a younger legal drinking age.

nycteris

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
[citation][nom]archange[/nom]Let there be no day without an iPad piece of news.Moving on...[/citation]
Toms likes posting Apple news because it consistently gets high traffic. If people stop clicking every Apple link and fill up the comments until they turn into the same cesspool over and over, the Apple articles will go away.

The articles are pretty much trollbait and everyone devours them like sheep.

juanc

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I've stopped clicking the Deals: links on the news, and I don't see them that frequent now, but maybe I've just firewalled them in my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.