Cannot connect to Internet

Smileyface38555

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I bought a new HP slim hard drive. I have router and a yellow Ethernet cable attached from the modem to the back of the hard drive. The Internet keeps connecting and disconnecting constantly. I unplugged the connection, rebooted computer, tuned off modem with no change. Wonder if new hard drive is bad or is it something else?

I'm sorry, you're plugging an ethernet cable into your hard drive, and it's causing your computer to lose its internet connection? First off, how exactly are you managing to plug an ethernet cable into a hard drive? Second, why would you do that? Maybe I'm not understanding the scenario, but you may need to provide more details here.

Smileyface38555

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Smileyface38555

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
The yellow cord that plugs from the router to the hard drive. It's a new router for wifi and also for our desktop computer. I don't want wifi on my computer just our smartphones. So for some reason the Internet keeps connecting and disconnecting constantly. I disabled the wifi on our computer and it still won't stay connected. It will stay connected for like 30 seconds and disconnects. Checked all the cords and everything. It's a brand new hard drive and my ISP is worthless in helping.