Laptop is an Asus RoG G750jw running Elan drivers on Windows 10. The touchpad supports multitouch and I don't want to lose that functionality, however, not being able to left and right click on a gaming laptop is really annoying. I realize the solution is to use a real mouse, but that isn't always an option. Not being able to (for example) aim down the sights and fire at the same time on an expensive gaming laptop is obnoxious.
I've read that its the Elan drivers that cause the issue. Can I use Synaptics drivers on an elan device without losing the multitouch functionality of the touchpad? Would that fix the issue? Has anyone else fixed this issue?
Unfortunately you can't use a Synaptics driver for a device that uses an Elantech driver. Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the Touchpad driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Elantech driver.
- Next is to download and install the Touchpad driver.
- Here's the link: http/dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Touchpad/Touchpad_Elantech_Win81_64_VER115121.zip
- Once installed, reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect and see if it will work or not.
- If these will not work your last option would be to reinstall Windows 10.
If all these troubleshooting steps will not work do contact Asus for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.