Canon EOS 20D error 005 code

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On my recommendation a friend purchased a Canon EOS 20d just like I have.
When he received it, it was giving him error 005, flash pop-up problems.
Suggested remedies did not correct it and he his going to send the body
back for replacement. Anybody else run into this and what did you do about
it? When the flach pops up automatically, it goes immediately into error
mode. When you set it for manual and pop the flash up with the release
button, it goes into error the minute you try to shoot with it. Seems that
it's an electronic glitch that can't be resolved without professional
repair. Thoughts?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"Tom B. Stone" <Plot9@BootHill.AZ> wrote in message
news:Xns969C96045B2BEwyatterp@fe13.highwinds-media.lga...
>
> On my recommendation a friend purchased a Canon EOS 20d just like I have.
> When he received it, it was giving him error 005, flash pop-up problems.
> Suggested remedies did not correct it and he his going to send the body
> back for replacement. Anybody else run into this and what did you do
> about
> it? When the flach pops up automatically, it goes immediately into error
> mode. When you set it for manual and pop the flash up with the release
> button, it goes into error the minute you try to shoot with it. Seems that
> it's an electronic glitch that can't be resolved without professional
> repair. Thoughts?

A search on Google cam up with many arrors and faults on the Canon cameras
but none as you descrobe, I would think that it certainly needs to go back
for replacement.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in
news:zpzEe.59986$oJ.19067@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

>
> "Tom B. Stone" <Plot9@BootHill.AZ> wrote in message
> news:Xns969C96045B2BEwyatterp@fe13.highwinds-media.lga...
>>
>> On my recommendation a friend purchased a Canon EOS 20d just like I
>> have. When he received it, it was giving him error 005, flash pop-up
>> problems. Suggested remedies did not correct it and he his going to
>> send the body back for replacement. Anybody else run into this and
>> what did you do about
>> it? When the flach pops up automatically, it goes immediately into
>> error mode. When you set it for manual and pop the flash up with the
>> release button, it goes into error the minute you try to shoot with
>> it. Seems that it's an electronic glitch that can't be resolved
>> without professional repair. Thoughts?
>
> A search on Google cam up with many arrors and faults on the Canon
> cameras but none as you descrobe, I would think that it certainly
> needs to go back for replacement.
>
>
>

I, of course, did the same search. Strange that there is nothing out there
on that other than what it states in the manual.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Would that 'friend' happen to be you?

"Tom B. Stone" <Plot9@BootHill.AZ> wrote in message
news:Xns969C96045B2BEwyatterp@fe13.highwinds-media.lga...
>
> On my recommendation a friend purchased a Canon EOS 20d just like I have.
> When he received it, it was giving him error 005, flash pop-up problems.
> Suggested remedies did not correct it and he his going to send the body
> back for replacement. Anybody else run into this and what did you do
> about
> it? When the flach pops up automatically, it goes immediately into error
> mode. When you set it for manual and pop the flash up with the release
> button, it goes into error the minute you try to shoot with it. Seems that
> it's an electronic glitch that can't be resolved without professional
> repair. Thoughts?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"Ricardo Morte" <none@none.not> wrote in
news:deKdnS4lvMSEU3jfRVn-gw@adelphia.com:

> Would that 'friend' happen to be you?
>
> "Tom B. Stone" <Plot9@BootHill.AZ> wrote in message
> news:Xns969C96045B2BEwyatterp@fe13.highwinds-media.lga...
>>
>> On my recommendation a friend purchased a Canon EOS 20d just like I
>> have. When he received it, it was giving him error 005, flash pop-up
>> problems. Suggested remedies did not correct it and he his going to
>> send the body back for replacement. Anybody else run into this and
>> what did you do about
>> it? When the flach pops up automatically, it goes immediately into
>> error mode. When you set it for manual and pop the flash up with the
>> release button, it goes into error the minute you try to shoot with
>> it. Seems that it's an electronic glitch that can't be resolved
>> without professional repair. Thoughts?
>
>
>

Nope. My 20D works just fine. Felt bad that I had recommended the camera
and the place to purchase it only to have it malfunction. But he's an
engineer and understands that sometimes things don't always work without a
hitch. I thought I'd cast the question out there to see if it had occurred
to anyone else.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Digital Cameras 1
R Digital Cameras 3
L Digital Cameras 1
M Digital Cameras 1
N Digital Cameras 2
B Digital Cameras 3
J Digital Cameras 1
G Digital Cameras 4
S Digital Cameras 3
T Digital Cameras 1
M Digital Cameras 5
A Digital Cameras 2
A Digital Cameras 4
C Digital Cameras 1
L Digital Cameras 1
M Digital Cameras 1
B Digital Cameras 1
L Digital Cameras 3
M Digital Cameras 11
K Digital Cameras 4

ASK THE COMMUNITY