Solved! Can't Access BIOS on Dell Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2019
I cannot access the BIOS on my dell Dell Inspiron i7559. As far as I understand, I need to access it from the screen with the Dell logo, but no such screen comes up when I boot the computer. I am running the os from an SSD that I installed a while ago. When I did that installation I could access the BIOS, but now I cannot. Any help about this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Try this...

To Turn On or Off Fast Startup in System Settings...

1. Go to 'Control Panel' and click on the "Power Options icon".
  2. Click "Choose what the power buttons do" on the left side.
  3. Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
  4. If prompted by UAC (User Account Control), click "Yes".
  5. Do step 6 or step 7 below for what you would like to do.

6. To Turn On Fast Startup.
6a. Under "Shutdown settings", check the "Turn on fast startup box", click "Save changes", and go to step 8 below.

7. To Turn Off Fast Startup.
7a. Under "Shutdown settings", uncheck the "Turn on fast startup box", click "Save changes", and go to step 8 below.

8. You can now close the 'System Settings' window.

Note: If the "Turn on...
Jul 7, 2019
When the computer is loading you should see on the screen the F# key to hit to get into BIOS on your device.

It is often the F2 key. Just hit it repeatedly as soon as you see the first screen, whatever screen that may be.
Yes, I have tried this. But even if I mash F2 like a madman it does not work. I have also tried this with other combinations, like ctrl alt enter.

Try this...

6a. Under "Shutdown settings", check the "Turn on fast startup box", click "Save changes", and go to step 8 below.

7a. Under "Shutdown settings", uncheck the "Turn on fast startup box", click "Save changes", and go to step 8 below.

Note: If the "Turn on fast startup" setting is not listed, then you will need to close the "System Settings" window, enable "hibernate", and then start over at step 1 again.

Solution
Jul 7, 2019
Try this...

Note: If the "Turn on fast startup" setting is not listed, then you will need to close the "System Settings" window, enable "hibernate", and then start over at step 1 again.
Thank you, though this does not seem to have worked. I now have hibernate and fast startup disabled, but no change has occurred. I still cannot access the BIOS as the computer starts up.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019
That is extremely odd. Unless, are you turning the computer off completely (no power at all) and then back on? Or just a reboot?
That is extremely odd. Unless, are you turning the computer off completely (no power at all) and then back on? Or just a reboot?
I have been shutting it down completely. I have also removed the battery and unplugged it after shutting it down. I have also tried restarting it just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.