cant change boot options in bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2018
Heya folks. New member here. I have an ASUS laptop x555l. I'm trying to change the boot order so I can get rid of hated 8.1 and install Win7. I can access the bios no problem but anything that is black font I can't access. In the boot section everything is in black so I can't change anything at all. Any help would be appreciated. Tks

Feb 23, 2018
I have no problem getting to the bios. Most options are in black and I can't access them, only the ones with blue font. Under the boot heading everything is black so I can't do a thing in there.

Feb 23, 2018
Btw I did find a solution to my prob. I'll post it here in case other asus users have the same problem. I finally got administrative access to the bios.

"
Here's how to easily reset your BIOS or UEFI password on Asus laptops (actually it will remove your BIOS UEFI password, wipe it out) :
This only works if you can boot into windows (or other OS) ! It will reset you BIOS or UEFI password if you have forgotten it.

- Boot into windows and change the date to 2002/01/02,

- Reboot while while hitting F2 to get into the BIOS / UEFI, when the enter password window appears hit "Alt + r", a "Enter rescue password" window will appear, with 2002/01/02 date showing (if not the code won't work), enter the following rescue password : ALAA4ABA

- Done ! You're in the BIOS / UEFI

- Change back the date and other settings to their correct values in the BIOS / UEFI, save settings, and you're good.

On the internet, you can even find whole lists of date/password couples to enter in the "Enter recovery password" window, i used the one above which worked perfectly.. "

Cheers

Apr 27, 2022
Btw I did find a solution to my prob. I'll post it here in case other asus users have the same problem. I finally got administrative access to the bios.

"
Here's how to easily reset your BIOS or UEFI password on Asus laptops (actually it will remove your BIOS UEFI password, wipe it out) :
This only works if you can boot into windows (or other OS) ! It will reset you BIOS or UEFI password if you have forgotten it.

- Boot into windows and change the date to 2002/01/02,

- Reboot while while hitting F2 to get into the BIOS / UEFI, when the enter password window appears hit "Alt + r", a "Enter rescue password" window will appear, with 2002/01/02 date showing (if not the code won't work), enter the following rescue password : ALAA4ABA

- Done ! You're in the BIOS / UEFI

- Change back the date and other settings to their correct values in the BIOS / UEFI, save settings, and you're good.

On the internet, you can even find whole lists of date/password couples to enter in the "Enter recovery password" window, i used the one above which worked perfectly.. "

Cheers
hey can you help me maybe? i m in deep troubble with same probelem, i cant even sign up in my asus laptop .. so that means i cant change the date so that i cant dial the password in the rescue password. what should i do now .

Apr 27, 2022
hey can you help me maybe? i m in deep troubble with same probelem, i cant even sign up in my asus laptop .. so that means i cant change the date so that i cant dial the password in the rescue password. what should i do now .
or how can i change the date what do you mean with boot into windows and change the password

This thread is over four years old. The original poster has not posted again since three years ago. Please do not rehash old threads. If you are experiencing a similar issue, please start a new thread. You can reference this thread in your new thread.

Closing
Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.