Can't change speaker list with just TV remote anymore

May 31, 2018
I was able to use the Samsung TV remote to choose receiver from audio list, then back to TV speakers if I wanted. Suddenly, I am unable to do that without finding my receiver/home theater remote. Why? Nothing's changed! It was a feature I used daily, switching back and forth on speaker list from tv to receiver. I don't even know how it did it without me turning on the receiver, the first time I did it was a surprise. 2 years later, what changed?

Solution
That particular button on the remote may have worn underneath with daily use and no longer making contact. Same thing happened on my audio system remote - - every button works except power on/off button 'cos I used to turn system off with that button every day - - now I just leave it on 24/7.

Don't know how you'd fix it, you may need a new remote if it really bothers you, or just put up with it.

That particular button on the remote may have worn underneath with daily use and no longer making contact. Same thing happened on my audio system remote - - every button works except power on/off button 'cos I used to turn system off with that button every day - - now I just leave it on 24/7.

Don't know how you'd fix it, you may need a new remote if it really bothers you, or just put up with it.

Solution

boju

Distinguished
Probably worn like Phillip said. If you can open it up and inspect the condition you might be able to get away with swapping another button if they're all not one piece. Or there could be something foreign found it's way or grime under the button an pencil eraser would clean off.