Solved! Can't connect Laptop Wirelessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2018
My laptop can't connect to WiFi, only Ethernet. It says there are no networks available.

When I troubleshoot it only lets me choose between Bluetooth and Ethernet adaptors.

Device manager says I have an Intel dual band wireless ac 8260

This is on a Dell Precision 7710 running Windows 10

Solution
You may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, try connecting to the WiFi.

Should it not work still, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.
You may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, try connecting to the WiFi.

Should it not work still, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Solution
Jan 21, 2019
Try this steps:

• Insuring the adapter is turned on with the keyboard FN-wireless F key.
    Disabling/enabling the adapter.
    Rebooting my router and laptop.
    Running the Windows troubleshooting tool.
    I have insured that the laptop is within range of the router and the security choices on both devices match (WPA2-PSK / AES).
    I have tried selecting a different security choice on both the router and laptop with no success.
Did you read this article? https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln209336/connecting-and-troubleshoot-internet-connectivity-issues-on-your-dell-computer?lang=en

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Barnett
VP of Product Strategy
[don't post your company url]

Status
Not open for further replies.