Can't find program to down-scale HUGE HDTV!!

albatrizzle

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Hey Guys,

Just purchased a 42" Lg HDTV and am using it for my pc monitor and its way too big for comfort. WHat i need is a program, either third party or within windows which can down scale the image to half the size of the screen so that there are essentially black borders around the desktop image..

Anyone know of anything like this?? I can't find anything..

Solution
can't you just specify "centered timings" or possibly turn off scaling and then refer to your users manual for a lower, supported resolution?....finding a supported lower resolution/refresh rate and turning off scaling should create the scenario you are looking for.....meaning a for example, 1600X1900 desktop, non-scaled, centered on your screen....the unused pixels (frame) will be black, or a user specified color....

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
can't you just specify "centered timings" or possibly turn off scaling and then refer to your users manual for a lower, supported resolution?....finding a supported lower resolution/refresh rate and turning off scaling should create the scenario you are looking for.....meaning a for example, 1600X1900 desktop, non-scaled, centered on your screen....the unused pixels (frame) will be black, or a user specified color....

Solution