Can't get Realtek HD to play games and music through my headphones and monitor

Newbiepcgamer

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Alright so I did everything right except my AC97 cable was plugged in instead of my HD. I fixed that I now have my headset (PX21) working in the front jack. I have the settings right, like the disable front jack detection, and stuff. The problem lies with my monitor (ASUS VH236H) I have the back audio jack going from my computer to my monitor, But no sound. The only time I hear sound from my monitor is when I go through control panel and set it as default device, which screws up the Realtek. All I want is to hear sound through both headset and monitor.

Set Up:
Monitor -> Computer: HDMI
Rear Audio -> Computer: Green Cable
Front Audio -> Headset: USB and Green Cable

(Sorry for re-posting, keep getting error 500 and I put it in the wrong section)

esco_sid

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I believe you cant really have Both play at the same time unless there is some specific software to do that only way to do that that i can think of is to have a cable that is split into headphones and monitor.

Newbiepcgamer

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

Yeah I just found out after Googling, DVI is the same as HDMI but with no audio, so being a genius and all... I used DVI and hooked in the audio jack. Both headset and monitor play at the same time, but I have a popping sound in my headset, so I'm going to update my BIOS.