Solved! Cant hear sub out of reciever threw computer.

cmill0422

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008
I currently have my pioneer receiver (vsx-519v) ran threw my computer. on board sound 5.1 asus p6t deulxe. my problem is when i play mp3s it will only play out of my front left and front right speakers and not threw my sub. i know mp3s are "sterio" sound and not full dolby 5.1 but shouldnt my sub be playing? my receiver is ran threw the multi-in function. sounds great on bluray movies but mp3s is a killer. any1 know what this could be?

Solution
It depends on your receiver settings. If you set your main speakers to "Small" and then set the sub crossover (probably to 60-80Hz, but it will depend on your speakers), you should be able to hear the sub. I'm not familiar with your specific receiver, but this should give you a general idea.

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
It depends on your receiver settings. If you set your main speakers to "Small" and then set the sub crossover (probably to 60-80Hz, but it will depend on your speakers), you should be able to hear the sub. I'm not familiar with your specific receiver, but this should give you a general idea.

Solution