Manas Chawla

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
I firstly have 4gb ram with 128mb of dedicated memory, but then i increased it to 512. Now I upgraded my laptop to 8gb of ram but my dedicated memory still remains same, I tried increasing it but failed every time.
Pls help me with this issue.
I have an Intel HD 5500
RAM: previously 4gb now 8bg
pls solve this asap as i am getting low FPS at some games.

Solution
There is usually a preset limit to how much system RAM can be shared by/allocated to the integrated GPU in the BIOS settings.

Adding more RAM will not allow you to go beyond that limit.

And as previously said, your low FPS issue has nothing to do with the amount RAM allocated to the GPU anyway.
The GPU itself (and may be the CPU as well) just aren't capable enough for some modern games.
For such games you need a high-spec 'gaming laptop', or a desktop PC with the required gaming hardware in it.

All I can suggest is that you try turning down the settings in the game to "Low".

But basically what you're trying to do is akin to trying to mow a lawn with a pair of electric hair trimmers instead of a lawn-mower. You need the right tool...

dotas1

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
I can't help you how to solve your problem but I can assure you that increasing your dedicated memory will make very little difference in fps.
You should consider a discrete graphics card.

There is usually a preset limit to how much system RAM can be shared by/allocated to the integrated GPU in the BIOS settings.

Adding more RAM will not allow you to go beyond that limit.

And as previously said, your low FPS issue has nothing to do with the amount RAM allocated to the GPU anyway.
The GPU itself (and may be the CPU as well) just aren't capable enough for some modern games.
For such games you need a high-spec 'gaming laptop', or a desktop PC with the required gaming hardware in it.

All I can suggest is that you try turning down the settings in the game to "Low".

But basically what you're trying to do is akin to trying to mow a lawn with a pair of electric hair trimmers instead of a lawn-mower. You need the right tool for the job, and you don't have it.

Solution