Cant' install avg free antivirus or panda free antivirus ...

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I tried at least 5-6 times to install the avg free and pro trial antivirus programs and the panda free antivirus software and keep getting the error message during the installation process 0xC0070643. I have run adwcleaner and house call and apparently there's something on my computer that wasn't deleted in the past that's keeping me from getting an antivirus on my computer. It is a msi laptop running windows 7 home premium. Please help!!!

ficler1977

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
When Yo upress POWER to start computer wait 3 seconds and press F8.
Go to "safe mode"
if no menu will appear try to do it after 2 seconds.

ok so when You are in safe mode(windows starts without aby programs)....
try to uninstall all unwanted software usinf ccleaner/spybot
or if You feel lucky try to install antivirus.

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Thanks for your response, Phillip. I had the free avg version on it 2014. It would not update anymore so I uninstalled it using the control panel. Then when I tried to reinstall the new free avg, partly though the installation process, it stopped and showed the error code above. I have run adware, house call, and manually deleted any remnants I could find. AVG said on the phone they could fix it for $89... so they must have the solution but are not forthcoming! I would reset computer back to factory settings, but I can't find my installation disks. Sooooo frustrated. Any suggestions or do you know of anyone who might be able to help me?

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I tried what you said but can find nothing to click on to delete! I can't find the culprit that is preventing me from getting an antivirus program installed on my laptop. So what do I do now? Thanks for your response, Scout. I had the free avg version on it 2014. It would not update anymore so I uninstalled it using the control panel. Then when I tried to reinstall the new free avg, partly though the installation process, it stopped and showed the error code above. I have run adware, house call, and manually deleted any remnants I could find. AVG said on the phone they could fix it for $89... so they must have the solution but are not forthcoming! I would reset computer back to factory settings, but I can't find my installation disks. Sooooo frustrated. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I contacted avg and they sent me an email to connect with them remotely which we did. However, they wouldn't fix it unless I bought the service and program for $89 which I though was too much. They provided no help and I think they are the problem. Arrgghh! Any other suggestions? Thanks

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I ran the ccleaaner in normal and safe mode and cleaned everything including the registry. It found alot. Tried to install panda free and avg free in regular and safe modes again and for the 10th time, it says it can't complete the installation process. Any clue as to where I go from here? Still no antivirus on my computer. Please help.

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
It sounds like a firewall, LAN proxy setting, or other network configuration in your router or TCP/IP settings could be blocking the install of the AV. Reset all of those settings to default, including the router and try to install again. Hope that helps to fix this install issue for you.

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016