Can't move apps to SD card on Samsung Exhilarate

8ntNuttinSweetr

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Hello. I am receiving error "insufficient storage available" when any apps are trying to update. I installed a 16 gb card, but the option to move large apps to card is grayed out. My phone storage device memory has 1.12 gb with 104 mb available. USB storage has total space 1.40 gb with 711 mb available. My sd card has 14.48 total space with 14.09 available. It's a GSM technology phone my carrier is Consumer Cellular. Thank you for any help with this. I've searched for help on several sites, but never asked a question.

8ntNuttinSweetr

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015

Hi, thank you for the reply and the link. The first 2 solutions require rooting the phone. I would like to do that not sure how.
The third suggestion was that I make the sd card the default storage location, which I did.

Still not able to move a lot of the apps to the sd card. I found an app called Kingo android Root. Is that enough to get the apps to move?

thank you for your help.

8ntNuttinSweetr

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
thank you Vembutech and Titillating for your solutions. I tried everything that was suggested. I decided to buy a phone with more Ram and faster processing. I do appreciate the community's help.