Solved! Can't Not Access Websites after Malware Removal

Woogies

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
So I got infected with a couple malware bugs (ByteFence, .WinYahoo and etc). I was able to run malwarebytes and delete them. However after removal I start having issues with my network connection.

I can open google and run searches all day long. But as soon as I try to reach an external site other than Google or a Google search, I can't connect. I can ping the sites just fine. I've been tearing my hair out all day, and although it's looking inevitable, I would rather not have to wipe the system. So ANY advice would be greatly appreciated

Here is what I've tried/found:

• ■ Proxy settings on all browsers are set to the proper setting (off or automatic)
    ■ Did a DNS flush, Winsock reset, and reset all network settings and data
    ■ Router/modem defaulted and reset
    ■ Ran multiple Anti-virus and malware programs (MB, Panda, Avast, and etc). None have found anything further
    ■ All browsers and websites work normally when in safe mode
    ■ Oddly enough, everything works normal when Panda is running too. But as soon as I disable it or uninstall it, it goes back to not connecting. Almost as if Panda is blocking whatever is messing with my system
    ■ Google searches on the symptoms have turned up no further info

Solution
Try using OpenDNS, as they have built in malware protection. Try fully deleting your browsers and reinstalling them. Are you performing full scans with "scan for rootkits" enabled in MalwareBytes? Are you using the latest version of MalwareBytes (3.1.2)?

schwatzz

Estimable
Jun 23, 2014
Try using OpenDNS, as they have built in malware protection. Try fully deleting your browsers and reinstalling them. Are you performing full scans with "scan for rootkits" enabled in MalwareBytes? Are you using the latest version of MalwareBytes (3.1.2)?

Solution