Cant play any games. Problems with graphics driver(i think)

mats12

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
My problem is that i cant play any games now(LoL,mount and blade etc.) Basically what happend that my laptop monitor stopped working so i got diffrenet monitor(its old monitor but i get the pic so it works). After getting new monitor i cant play any games. So i searched internet and tried to find help. I updated my drivers but on dxdiag it didnt show anything. It also tells me that i can update again to same update but it didnt change anything. So i reinstalled drivers and the same problem. My directx is also up to date. Does anyone know the problem might be?(also you may not undestand the problem because i aint good at english)

Solution
If the driver installs, its a good indication the graphics card is working because if it wasn't the installation would stop as it tries to detect the graphics card.

Depending on game, Dx10 is as far as your laptop can go. Any new game currently demanding directx 11 will not run.

How are you updating driver? Sounds like your updating through Windows updates from first post. If this is wrong im sorry but if you are, stop that and download the driver from Nvidia.com

mats12

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
I already updated my drivers and reinstalled them before but it doesnt help for some reason. I reinstalled drivers like 3 times by now but it doesnt seem to work. And if i try to play games it still tells me to update drivers but i did that. I think my computer doesnt recongize graphic card or drivers.

boju

Distinguished
If the driver installs, its a good indication the graphics card is working because if it wasn't the installation would stop as it tries to detect the graphics card.

Depending on game, Dx10 is as far as your laptop can go. Any new game currently demanding directx 11 will not run.

How are you updating driver? Sounds like your updating through Windows updates from first post. If this is wrong im sorry but if you are, stop that and download the driver from Nvidia.com

Solution

mats12

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
I used geforce experience to download drivers at first but that didnt work then i used same link as you gave me but that didnt work either(i used link yesterday) but the problem is when i do driver scan it shows i have correct driver update but no driver.(sounds confusing for me) and asks me to update again to same update that i already have. I even uninstalled drivers and used the link to reinstall them but still nothing. And i didnt have any problems playing those games before my laptop monitor died. And my dxdiag shows that i have directx 11. And directx installer even says i have correct one.