Can't play movies on Android phone from SD card!

Barb_2015

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
I have a 64GB SD Card (Class 10). In order to get movies onto it, I have to format it as NTFS. However, once I put the SD card in my phone, it doesn't seem to recognize the NTFS format and reformats it back to FAT32 and removes anything that was loaded on the SD card. Anyone find a way around this?

Solution
It sounds like you are putting them on the card the wrong way. At least the wrong way for this to work.

I am assuming, of course, that you are taking the card out of the phone, connecting it to the computer, copying the data, and then putting it back in the phone. If that is not the case, please do let me know.

Now, if that is what you are doing, you really shouldn't be removing the card from the phone to add data. The simplest way to make it work would be to leave the SD card in the phone, connect the phone to the computer via USB cable, and then copy the files over that way. This would avoid any conflicts as the card would stay formatted for the phone.

If the files won't move over to the card when done this way, then there is...
It sounds like you are putting them on the card the wrong way. At least the wrong way for this to work.

I am assuming, of course, that you are taking the card out of the phone, connecting it to the computer, copying the data, and then putting it back in the phone. If that is not the case, please do let me know.

Now, if that is what you are doing, you really shouldn't be removing the card from the phone to add data. The simplest way to make it work would be to leave the SD card in the phone, connect the phone to the computer via USB cable, and then copy the files over that way. This would avoid any conflicts as the card would stay formatted for the phone.

If the files won't move over to the card when done this way, then there is something going on with the files.

Also, be sure that they are files your phone can actually read/view. Just because a computer can doesn't mean a cell can.

Lastly, make sure that your phone is cable of handling a SD card of that size (size as in storage amount, not physical size). If the card holds more than the specs say is the most the phone can handle that will also cause you problems.

Solution

KarenG1

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

i am having almost the same issue. The difference's are that I transferred to my 128g memory card while it was in my cell (My cell is new & can handle one thus size). And my movies I transferred do play BUT my smaller tv shows DO NOT play. Really weird since the larger files do play. I had actually transferred cell to cell over wifi, then moved thwm to my sd card. They all were working before the move to sd card.

KarenG1

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

Yes. Weirdly they are all .mp4's downloaded off of primewire?at/?tv. They all worked before transferring.
Karen