Cant re boot, looking to sell

Connordana69

Estimable
May 15, 2015
Would like to know how much i coul sell my Sony Vaio PCG-71911M Model for, it has a 640GB Hitachi Hard drive which is out at the moment since i was trying to find the problem to my laptop, i turn it on and i can hear a clicking noise when the hard drive is in but doesnt make that same noise when its out, also it starts windows setup with a blue screen, wether i press F10, or any other button on startup, it then starts loading everything then comes up with a different blue screen saying 'A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer' Please get back to me, even if its still sellable for a price so someone else can fix it

Solution
Seems to me the laptop is probably perfectly OK but the hard disk has gone West. Use another coomputer to download a Linux OS and burn it to a CD to run in the Vaio. That will tell you whether the machine is viable or not because you don't even need a hard drive to run a Linux system from a CD. It would also allow you access to the hard disk to retrieve your data.
Seems to me the laptop is probably perfectly OK but the hard disk has gone West. Use another coomputer to download a Linux OS and burn it to a CD to run in the Vaio. That will tell you whether the machine is viable or not because you don't even need a hard drive to run a Linux system from a CD. It would also allow you access to the hard disk to retrieve your data.

Solution