Cant render any videos on my PC :(

Alen Kirm

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Hello guys. I've just got GTX 780 Ti and iwant to make some gameplays with this and then i want to upload it on youtube. But i cant. Why? Look. I'm recording with Nvidia ShadowPlay (format: h.264). Then i tried to render it in WMV in Sony Vegas but after 20% of rendered file it says Sony Vegas stopped working. I tried to do it in Movie maker. When file was rendered for abut 20-30% it did the same as Sony. It says, movie maker stopped working. Then i tried to do it in Adobe After Effects cs5. And guess what? It says same as Sony and Movie maker. Adobe stopped working ! Can anybody tell me whats wrong with my pc? About 1 year ago it worked to me, but now ... holly crap ... i cant even do 1 video. Please can somebody help me?
My pc:
CPU: i7 2600 3.4 Ghz
RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 Mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro
HDD: WD Green 2 TB
MOBO: Asus maximus iv gene-z
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit. (tried to do this on win 7 but programs also crashed on win7)

Please. Where are you Video Editors? I need you :/ Help please ...

My first question is why are you trying to render an h.264 video file as a WMV file? Second question is what export settings are you using to render the file? Are you trying to render after editing or just trying to convert the h.264 file as a WMV file? If all you want to do is convert the file then you might try something like Handbrake or MPEG Streamclip. In Sony Vegas and After Effects are you using hardware acceleration (CUDA with After Effects)? If yes, have you tried rendering without using the GPU? I know that doesn't explain what's going on with Moviemaker.