can't type in chrome browser win 7

skycampaign

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
I cannot type in chrome browser, in gmail or any programmes within the browser
I uninstalled all extensions
I disabled - run in background and hardware enhance
I cured problem once after a windows update but after rebooting computer the problem has returned.
Is there a cure. I cannot find one online.
I have a lot of bookmarks which I want to save. Is there anyway to back them up before I uninstall chrome and reinstall it?

Solution
Chrome stores the bookmarks somewhere, but I am not sure where. But if you click on the up arrow inside the orange circle on the top right part of the chrome browser (Customize and control Google Chrome), and then click on Bookmarks, there is an option to import bookmarks and settings.

I had to re-install Chrome earlier this year due to updating to a new OS, and all of my Bookmarks were still there. Maybe they are stored on Google's servers, since my new OS install would have wiped my OS drive.

Edit: Now I remember. I exported my bookmarks to a html file on a thumb drive before installing the new OS, then imported them after.

Here is a link telling you how to do the export...

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
Chrome stores the bookmarks somewhere, but I am not sure where. But if you click on the up arrow inside the orange circle on the top right part of the chrome browser (Customize and control Google Chrome), and then click on Bookmarks, there is an option to import bookmarks and settings.

I had to re-install Chrome earlier this year due to updating to a new OS, and all of my Bookmarks were still there. Maybe they are stored on Google's servers, since my new OS install would have wiped my OS drive.

Edit: Now I remember. I exported my bookmarks to a html file on a thumb drive before installing the new OS, then imported them after.

Here is a link telling you how to do the export:

http://ccm.net/faq/31791-how-to-back-up-your-google-chrome-bookmarks

Solution