Can't type Spanish accents on Windows keyboard connected to Imac

Sep 18, 2018
I recently switched my imac keyboard to an insignia (windows) keyboard. However, when I try to type accents (previously Option+e+the relevant letter on my mac keyboard), it does not work. When I try using the numeric keypad, it doesn't work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

To find an acute accent, as in é, you press the AltGreek key to the right of your spacebar, and e at the same time.

Also, there's a load of other things you can copy from then paste into your text. If you find the Character Map in Windows Accessories in the programmes list. Fractions, degree sign, Copyright, etc.

Sep 18, 2018
Thank you. That definitely worked on MS Word after customizing the keyboard. However, it does not seem to work in e-mail programs or other online activity. The copying and pasting option is also a good suggestion, but it does tend to take a long time given the high amount of accents when writing in Spanish.

Moderating in Tom's calls for a large helping of copy/pasta so I use CLCL which is a small utility that stores a large number of text you want to use regularly.

You keep it in your Taskbar and a click opens up the list. Click on the one you want and it copies itself ready to paste itself anywhere you point.